Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 5, Thursday, May 27

Today we did the usual breakfast at the hotel. This morning we had to dress in our business casual clothes and headed off to a meeting with Singapore Tourism Board's office. Here we just listed to a guy speak about the latest and greatest attractions that have been recently completed and/or in progress for completion soon. Singapore is a very neat place; construction is everywhere and yet they manage to still keep the construction areas incredibly clean! We took an afternoon visit to the Asia Research Institute & the History Dept. at the NUS Campus. We learned about globalization, religion and Singapore’s national narrative. (It was by a history professor that came from the States and has been living and teaching in Singapore for 12 years. Interesting stuff, I know.) Tonight a few of us headed off to ride the latest attraction – the Singapore flyer (At a height of 165m, Singapore Flyer is the world’s largest Giant Observation Wheel). It awesome, we were able to have a night view of Singapore. (I got a few pictures, but it was difficult because my camera wasn’t good at taking pictures while moving or taking them through glass… I mean I guess it could have been operator error too.. haha) That’s all I have for now. Hope all of you are doing well back home!

P.S. I miss AMERICA!!

3 comments:

  1. we miss amber!!! im glad you are enjoying it! its definantly and ecperiance of a lifetime! river trip is comin up sooooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we knew you'd miss us soon enough!! amy and i were talking about that today how we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the camera working? Did you have enough batteries? Please upload pictures.

    ReplyDelete