Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 4, Wednesday, May 26

Ahhhh today was a long and hot day, a very long and hot day - but good and interesting too! Woke up ate breakfast (btw, they have a normal breakfast around this place - eggs, bacon, sausage, get it? haha) After breakfast we took a tour of the city (we walked almost everywhere), then we went to the Asia Civilization Museum then it was a ride on the River Boat which was pretty cool. We went to this pretty cool food court called Food Republic in the mall downtown for lunch. I ate orange chicken and rice, nothing funky I know :). Our next stop was our lecture session for the day ... booooorrrrrrrring ... ISEAS (Institute of Southeast Asian Studies) where we had to listen to two people talk about Southeast Asia's relations with China & US as well as on ASEAN (The Associations of Southeast Asian Nations). Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. Went to visit Chinatown to eat dinner a look around. I'm not sure what I ate for dinner, expect that it was funky food again, because our professor just ordered a bunch of different dishes and they brought them out and we shared as a group. (28 students, 2 instructors and a tour guide). After dinner we were able to split up and a few of us, including myself, went to see a light show called Song of the Sea. It was interesting, lets just say I've never seen anything like it before! Came back to the hotel, showered because I've never wanted a shower so bad before. It's 11:30 pm here now so I'm off to bed for another early morning and long day. This trip is def. out of my comfort zone but so far so good. I'm enjoying it!!

2 comments:

  1. You keep enjoying where you are - don't worry about things here! Keep your Focus on studing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to enjoy the lectures you're given! The things you'll learn over there will be beneficial if you actually pay attention! It's a different perspective on relationships if it's coming from Southeast Asia instead of here in the US.

    And branch out with the food. What other time will you be able to experience something like this?! :]

    ReplyDelete