Dad dropped me off at the airport at 5:30 this morning. Most of the group was there, we checked in went through security and waited until 7:20 to board for our flight to Dallas. I was asleep before the plane ever moved. The flight to Dallas was short and sweet I slept the entire flight, we arrived at about 8:50. As soon as we landed we went immediately to our gate to board for our flight to Tokyo(12.5 hour flight). The plane was HUGE and we had our own individual small televisions to watch. Surprisingly this flight wasn't so bad and again I was asleep before the plane took off and slept straight through the first 6.5 hours. I woke up for meal time - first meal was mashed potatoes and beef (GROSS!!), second was a ham sandwich and third was pizza and fruit. Thanks to Meg I have the best earphones so I was able to tune out the screaming and crying little kids!
Tokyo is 14 hours ahead of the U.S. and we landed May 24 at 12:30 pm Tokyo time. We left Tokyo at 5:55 pm (7 hours flight) and landed in Singapore today, Tuesday, May 25 at 12:30 am. We took a tour bus to our hotel (Peninsula Excelsior Hotel) and it's very nice!
We just got back from eating at McDonald's (we only ate there because it was 3 in the morning and it was the only place open). I've taken a few pictures that I'll post later. It's 4 am now and about to start working on some homework. We don't have to be up to do anything until 1:15 in the afternoon today. I'll be blogging when I can and hope you guys enjoy :)
Wow - 22 hours sitting on a plane. I had no idea Tokyo was 14 hours ahead!! Get some sleep and try to shake off that jet-lag. Hope to see some pictures!
ReplyDelete